Where in the world are you located?
- "I am located in Maryland/Washington DC area."
What was your favorite past time when you were young?
- "Definitely would have to be me waking up to make hot dogs to take to school to sell just to make a couple bucks at School. This was in Nigeria by the way, I went to high school in Nigeria."
What was the very first CD you remember acquiring as a kid?
- "Lucky Dube, My dad was a huge fan of him and Bob Marley. I felt like he was the best musician at that time lol. He was my version of a "Rockstar" back then."
What was the first concert or performance you ever attended?
- "A Wiz Khalifa concert. I was Lit."
At what age did you begin to take music seriously?
- "At 21 which is literally 2 moths ago. I turned 21 in November of 2019 and planned for my first project, the EP "Rule of 5" dropped a day after."
If you had the chance to play one of your pieces to the ENTIRE world, what song would you choose?
- "I'd pick "Made for it".
Where did you find the inspiration for this particular track and what is the meaning behind the song?
- "This song is a representation of obstacles I overcame coupled with a storyline dating my experiences since I arrived to the states for college. I was fueled by my progress in which I have made independently with zero handouts. It's basically a song for the Underdogs."
What do you think about the state of the music industry today and how would you like to see it change?
- "I think the Industry need to be open to "change" its no more the golden rap era, let's be honest. Individuals create bangers without actually passing a positive message in the present day, so I think we as pioneers need to be okay with change and accept that the you g opens are just simply "LIT". I do wish that people give more people a chance to showcase their talent more."
What is one issue in the world that you would like to see change in your lifetime?
- "The common perception of a "Rapper" or a "Musician" In the African community. I want to show that even with my dreads and pierced ears I am a respectable young man I should be addressed as such."
What current projects are buzzing and what future projects do we have to look forward to from you?
- "My latest Single "Made for It" is the current buzz when it comes to 5ocial as an artist. My EP Rule of 5 also had a huge buzz, people were simply shocked at my sound. It's not your typical Trap or rap or Afrobeats. The Sound speaks for itself, y'all should definitely check it out. For future projects id like to say that ill be uplifting the DMV as a whole. Showing more of the impeccable talent that resonates from this ends. There are a lot of DMV based artists that are greatly slept on, I'd like to bridge the gap."
Where can we find you on social media?
Facebook Page: Iam5ocial
Facebook: Clinton Ugboaja
Is there anything else you would like the world to know about you?
- "I'm a vibe, and I want all of you all to get on this VIBE."